You are currently browsing the monthly archive for October 2011.
Download OpenERP All-In-One. It will be a file like openerp-allinone-setup-5.0.11.exe. This installer will include all three major components of OpenERP i.e, OpenERP Server, OpenERP Client and PostgreSQL. Install OpenERP by executing the exe file an OpenERP Client short cut will appear on the desktop. Click the shortcut and run the program. After Installation a screen like the one in the pic can be seen.
To setup a new environment we need to create a new Database. For that click on File ->Databases -> New Dataabase. We will see a New Database Creation screen
Fill the required fileds, like enter the Super Admin Password, the Database name, Administrator Password etc and click ok. After this you will be prompted that your database has been created with the user admin/admin (login/password).
Choose Minimal Profile in the profile field and click next. The next screen will ask you to enter your company information and your reports information.
Click next. From here you will to a Summary Screen. Click the Install button from the summary screen.
This will end the installation process and the configuration screen will appear. Click the configuration button to start the configuration process.Installation Done, Configuration Starts. Click continue from the next screen. Than select Simplified Interface and click Set.
Click continue from the next screen, and it will take you to user creation screen. From here we can either create a user of skip this step.
Either create or skip this step. Than click continue from the next screen. After doing this we will see the following screen and with this our initial installation and configuration of OpenERP is completed.
I updated my Android SDK, downloaded the new packages, everything went pretty well. Than i started a test android project. When i tried to RUN it, the Android Virtual Device (AVD) gave me this error.
invalid command-line parameter: AND Hint: use '@foo' to launch a virtual device named 'foo'. please use -help for more information
I tried every possible tweaking to the eclipse configuration and SDK configuration. Tried alot of things with the AVD Manager but nothing worked. Here is wat solved the problem for me. I copied the installed Android SDK i.e, android-sdk-windows-1.5_r3 from my g:\(some nested folders)\android-sdk-windows-1.5_r3 to C:\android-sdk-windows-1.5_r3. Than i reconfigured the path in eclipse for android SDK and started the AVD. walah… it worked.
Reason:- There were white spaces in the folder names in the previous path that was creating the AVD to raise this stupid error. So to solve the problem either u have to remove the white spaces from the path that u r using or u have to move the SDK to the root of some drive and remove white spaces from the folder name of the SDK or u can even u even use the path from the command prompt that removes white spaces and converts the path to a single string using ~ sign. Still if this sounds too complicated we can use one of the first two techniques to solve the problem.