You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Fastboot’ tag.
1.Download the recovery image form the link below. Use this image in case of recovering from a disaster. Recovery Image: signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip from http://developer.htc.com/adp.html
2. Copy signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip to /source/ directory.
3. Go to ‘vendor/htc/dream’ and run ‘./extract-files.sh’, or ./unzip-files.sh
4. Then, Then apply the following commands
5. source build/envsetup.sh
6. $ lunch aosp_dream_us-eng
7. Compile the modified Android Source Code for the device
8. $ make -j
9. Now the generated files are
14. These files will be located at
16. Put device into FASTBOOT mode
18. power_on the device with BACK key pressed,
19. It should show the driods on skateboard with fastboot text displayed.
20. Make sure the cable with the device is connected.
21. Now apply the following commands
22. sudo su
23. set path to fastboot
24. export PATH=/mydroid/out/host/linux-x86/bin/:$PATH
25. Stop and start the server
26. adb kill-server
27. adb start-server
28. Check the fastboot devices
29. #fastboot devices
30. The above command will show you the fastboot devices.
31. HT94JLZ00002 fastboot
32. Now apply the following command.
33. #fastboot -p dream-open -w flashall
34. flashall will apply all the above listed img files one by one. but we can also do that manually by specifying the image file name. After this the flashing will start and our device will be loaded with our own modified source code.